1. Medical professionals are in support of medicinal marijuana.
Inside a survey of Medscape, a web-based community for nurses and doctors, it had been discovered that three from four doctors and nine from 10 nurses favor decriminalization of marijuana for medical use.
2. Most medicinal marijuana prescriptions are suitable for existence-threatening conditions.
Lots of people think the medicinal marijuana movement is any excuses for stoners to obtain legal weed, but based on the La Cannabis Resource Center, 90% of MMJ prescriptions are suitable for AIDS or cancer.
3. Marijuana includes a neurochemical impact on discomfort.
A Nationwide Institute of Mental Health study has proven that as opposed to just “relaxing” a discomfort patient or “intoxicating” them, the psychoactive ingredients in marijuana suppress the transmission of discomfort signals within the brain.
4. Pot may be used medicinally to deal with mental health disorders.
Lots of people consider weed like a medicine for glaucoma and discomfort, but it’s also approved in various jurisdictions to deal with mental disorders as varied as Tourette’s, depression, panic disorders, as well as anorexia and bulimia.
5. Medicinal marijuana could be stored without losing its potency for approximately 60 several weeks.
The Nation’s Institute on Substance Abuse performed research that demonstrated that medical-grade pot could be stored at freezing temperatures for approximately 60 several weeks without losing any potency.
6. Medical pot could reduce the amount of medication-related deaths by 1,000 or even more every year.
The Food and drug administration lately released a study that implies that 17 drugs employed for signs and symptoms varying from nausea to discomfort (that could get replaced with medical MJ) were accountable for 10,000 deaths between 1997 and 2005, for a price of approximately 1,000 annually.
7. The College of Mississippi continues to be growing medical cannabis for more than 40 years.
The federal government includes a lengthy-standing hire Ole Miss to develop a number of marijuana products for scientific research. Every year since 1968, researchers at Ole Miss happen to be growing between 1.5 and 6.5 acres of medical MJ.
8. Legal medicinal marijuana seems to lessen illegal marijuana use among teens.
The Drug Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration finds that in eight from the ten states with legal medical pot laws and regulations, illegal use among teenagers has dropped typically 3 %.
9. Smoking grass may reduce your odds of contracting cancer of the lung.
Despite claims on the contrary, an in-depth attend UCLA found no association between smoking pot and contracting cancer of the lung, claiming rather that marijuana “might have some protective effect.”
10. Ganja can enhance the defense mechanisms.
Can there be anything weed can’t do? Dr. Jesse Abrams present in research printed in Annals of Internal Medicine that medicinal marijuana patients had “improved immune function” in contrast to patients who received a placebo.